TSP’s software leader taps into internal and external talent to further mature information security and trace product innovation
TAMPA, Fla. (Feb. 7, 2022) – ConnectWise, the world’s leading software company focused on the success of IT solution providers, today announced the formation of four Innovation Business Units led by general managers and the appointment of a new chief security officer of information to accelerate change and improve the partner experience.
Historically, engineering and product management have been performed by coordinated but independent teams. In this news, ConnectWise announced four new Innovation Business Units: Unified Monitoring and Management, Business Management, Cybersecurity, and Asio ™ Platform. Each business unit will be led by a general manager who reports to ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee, each with its own dedicated product management and other resources. These leaders are responsible for engineering effectiveness for their respective product lines. They will be responsible for innovative roadmaps and on-time delivery, as well as driving a positive experience for partners across sales, product support, services, partner success and the broader system. of ConnectWise.
“We recognize that rapid, meaningful product change requires proximity and partner-centricity, impeccable product management and engineering rigor, and leadership that connects all aspects of our operational model to ensure a meaningful partner experience, ”Jason Magee said in his blog message to partners earlier. now as defining the new business unit structure. “This is why today I am pleased to announce that ConnectWise is reorganizing and appointing new leadership to drive the next generation of innovation for the TSP space.”
ConnectWise tapped industry leaders Jake Varghese as general manager, business management, and Ameer Karim as general manager, unified monitoring and management; and named ConnectWise leaders Raffael Marty as general manager, cybersecurity and Jeff Bishop as general manager, Asio ™ Platform.
The company also named cybersecurity veteran Patrick Beggs as chief information security officer. “Over the past three years, we’ve taken incredible steps in hardening our environments and formalizing a compliant, best practice-focused cybersecurity program,” Magee said. “But with the rapidly changing threat landscape, we aim to innovate more deeply and faster in this area as well, so I am pleased to introduce someone as caliber as Patrick to our company and our partner. community. ”Beggs will report to CTO Steve Cochran, along with former CISO Tom Greco and his team reporting to Beggs.
- Patrick Beggs, Chief Information Security Officer: Beggs is a cybersecurity executive dedicated to leading global cyber operations. Beggs has more than 20 years of operational information security roles covering the commercial, federal civilian, defense, law enforcement and intelligence communities. Most recently, Beggs served as global cyber operations executive of Cognizant Technology, where he led a team of more than 150 personnel operating in five countries. Prior to Cognizant, Beggs led cyber operational capabilities for AIG, Booz Allen Hamilton, Amazon Web Services and Bank of America. In the public sector, Beggs served as the first deputy director/director of operations at the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Beggs is a former Army Infantry Non-Commissioned Officer and holds a BS in Political Science from Radford University.
- Jeff Bishop, General Manager, AsiaI am Platform: Bishop’s previous positions include chief product officer, vice president of ecosystems and vice president of ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect). Prior to joining ConnectWise in 2015, he was one of the founders of ScreenConnect, a solution that allows clients ’computers to be remotely controlled for fast, reliable and secure remote support. Bishop has also worked for Agilent Technologies, a spin-off from Hewlett-Packard, in a variety of roles including product management, marketing and engineering.
- Ameer Karim, General Manager, Unified Monitoring and Management: Karim is a dynamic and seasoned executive who brings more than 25 years of working experience for some of the largest brands in consumer electronics and cybersecurity. Karim joined ConnectWise from Absolute Software, where he became EVP of product management, leading the company’s product insight, strategy, roadmap, marketing and user experience. With more than two decades of experience in M&A, business development, engineering, product innovation, product management and marketing, he delivers world-class enterprise and consumer products with a focus on product-led growth and operational excellence. Karim has held several GM and executive roles at Symantec, HP and early-stage startups in Silicon Valley.
- Raffael Marty, General Manager, Cybersecurity: Marty has been at ConnectWise for the past seven months leading cybersecurity products. He brings 20-plus years of cybersecurity industry experience across engineering, analytics, research and strategy to ConnectWise. A thread of data connectivity, artificial intelligence (AI) and security continued his career. Starting at IBM, he went on to spend time as a technical analyst for Silicon Valley startups and with Splunk, a leader in data analytics. Marty later founded Loggly, one of the first cloud -based log management services, and spent time at Sophos as responsible for security analytics. He held the position of chief research and intelligence officer at Forcepoint, where his team is responsible for cutting-edge AI research to understand human behavior associated with cyber danger, helping identify criminals. practices prior to the onset of insider crimes. He also partnered with product teams there to provide new security intelligence that helped protect customers from all sorts of cyberattacks.
- Jake Varghese, General Manager, Business Management: Varghese is a seasoned product executive and general manager with more than 20 years of cross-functional leadership experience. He has successfully led and delivered partner -focused innovation resulting in tremendous growth at leading companies such as ServiceNow, Microsoft and Tanium. He also previously co-founded and served as CTO for a successful startup: Optio3, an AI-powered, cloud-based operations management solution that provides visibility into the connected IoT. He has deep technology and business expertise in all areas of software as a service (SaaS), with an emphasis on digital transformation and modernization of IT systems including service management, operations management and business management.
ConnectWise is the world’s leading software company dedicated to the success of IT solution providers through our unmatched software, services, and community. ConnectWise’s innovative, integrated, and security-centric platform-Asio ™-provides unmatched flexibility, automation, and scale that drives profitable, long-term growth for our Partners. ConnectWise provides TSPs with cybersecurity solutions, unified monitoring and management solutions, and business automation solutions — all while providing industry-leading operational maturity offerings to accelerate business transformation. For more information, visit ConnectWise.com.
5 Key Considerations When Choosing a Document Management System