Location: Highfield Campus
salary: £19,863 to £20,134 Per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 06 September 2022
Interview Date: To confirm
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the University of Southampton and its Logistics and Distribution team within the University’s IT department, iSolutions. The Logistics and Distribution team work on a range of projects across the University while also delivering front line customer IT support.
About the Paper
This is a key role within the Logistics and Distribution team, delivering IT equipment orders to all University sites, ensuring customers have the equipment they need to be effective in a timely manner. with high quality standards of customer care.
What will you do
- Provide professional, effective, timely and customer focused delivery services to the University Community, delivering between various sites and external partners.
- Plan own daily delivery schedules and identify appropriate delivery routes based on customer requirements, business priorities and timeliness.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date delivery records within ServiceNow and ensure all delivery documentation is kept up to date as required.
- Operate and maintain iSolutions vehicles to required standards.
What you will bring
- Independent problem solver with good communication skills.
- Flexible with service requests.
- Experience driving within a service delivery environment.
The University of Southampton is a research-driven institution, home to some of the world’s leading minds, expanding our knowledge and passing it on to future generations. iSolutions is the University’s IT support service whose 230+ staff support the delivery of the University’s research and education activities as well as standard business operations. We want you to join us and help change the world for the better.
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with a generous holiday allowance of 20+ days), defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and provision for child care For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages.
You must submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline is midnight on the closing date stated above. If you require any assistance, please call Jane Sturgeon (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email [email protected] Please quote reference 1940322JF in all correspondence.