IT service management (ITSM) refers to how IT teams manage the end-to-end delivery of IT services to customers. Moreover, it covers all activities and processes necessary to support, deliver, build, and design these services.
The main idea behind ITSM is to deliver IT as a service. People often do not understand ITSM as the primary IT support. Instead, ITSM teams look at all forms of technology in the workplace, from laptops, to servers, to printers and business -critical software applications.
Modern infrastructures are becoming more complex day by day, and essential IT systems and services must be fully functional around the clock. Therefore, IT teams use powerful ITSM tools to assist in IT management.
These tools offer a wealth of unique functionality to support IT teams. Some of the benefits provided by ITSM tools include:
- Reducing business inefficiencies
- Ensures business continuity
- Supporting business operations and efficiency
- Ensuring continuous IT service delivery
Businesses of all sizes should consider purchasing an ITSM tool to get the job done and resolve IT issues. Here’s what you need to know about two of the top ITSM tools: ServiceNow and Jira.
Also read: Top ITSM Tools and Software
ServiceNow ITSM is an innovative, single-cloud ITSM tool that lets you future validate your IT infrastructure. With ServiceNow ITSM, you can deliver resilient IT services that increase employee productivity and create amazing customer service experiences.
- Use built-in best practices to quickly secure diverse tools in a single cloud interaction system.
- Use your shared analytics and data with complimentary IT service workflows.
- Use artificial intelligence (AI) to speed up the resolution of issues and improve the efficiency of agents.
- Incidents are automatically assigned to the correct resolution group.
- With always-on IT services, shape service experiences for on-site and remote employees.
- Deliver high-quality IT services on a scale and timeliness, while continuously improving business processes.
- Gain complete visibility into the IT infrastructure using analytics in real-time, built-in dashboards.
- Eliminate friction among departments with a modern mobile application that runs on a single platform.
Pricing: ServiceNow ITSM is available in three packages: ITSM, ITSM Professional, and ITSM Enterprise. Contact the ServiceNow sales team to get a custom quote.
Atlassian’s Jira Service Management is an ITSM tool that empowers business and development and operations (DevOps) teams to collaborate quickly and efficiently. With Jira Service Management, you can respond to changes and deliver great employee and customer service experiences quickly.
- Empower each team, from legal to human resources (HR), to set up a service desk quickly and consistently to fit size.
- Track work across the IT infrastructure through Jira’s open, collaborative platform.
- Absorb data from other software development tools, and link issues across Jira, so your IT operations and support teams have more contextual information to respond quickly to changes, incident, and request.
- Manage risk while delivering more impact to the customer.
- Deploy changes with ease, speed up critical development work, and eliminate fatigue.
- Supercharge Jira Service Management with over 1,000 trusted integrations and applications available on the Atlassian Marketplace.
Pricing: Jira Service Management is available in four packages: Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise. For free, users can have access to 3 agents and 2GB of storage. The Standard plan offers a limit of up to 5,000 agents and 250GB of file storage at $ 20 per agent per month, and the Premium plan offers a limit of up to 5,000 agents and unlimited file storage at $ 45 per agent per month. . Those interested in the Enterprise plan should contact the sales team for pricing information.
ServiceNow Jira Integration
For those who want to take advantage of the benefits offered by both tools, Jira’s integration with ServiceNow is beneficial for businesses, enabling them to:
- Make faster and better decisions;
- Use the best collaboration and functionality in the delivery ecosystem;
- Speed up customer response time;
- Ensure complete traceability of requirements; at
- Get the full context of customer priorities and requirements.
Choosing ITSM Tools
ITSM tools are most often used by IT service delivery functions and IT service desks to support workflows and tasks for processes such as configuration, knowledge, service level, innovation , problem, request, and incident management.
Before purchasing an ITSM tool, we advise you to conduct your own research. Examine the offerings of ITSM tools in detail and buy the one that best fits your business profile.
See more ITSM tool comparisons: