September 23, 2022
MinnesotaCIO has announced the winners of its 2022 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. MinnesotaCIO recognized chief information officers in six major categories – Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Large Corporate, Corporate, and Nonprofit/Public Sector. The Awards were presented at the Minnesota CIO ORBIE Awards at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis.
“Every organization relies on technology, but strong leadership is the X-factor that can turn mundane IT into a remarkable strategic differentiator,” said John Avenson, MinnesotaCIO Chair. “The ORBIE Awards are significant because they are judged by peers – CIOs who understand the challenges of technology leadership.”
The 2022 Minnesota CIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Teddy Bekele, Chief Technology Officer, Land O’Lakes received the Leadership ORBIE.
- Sarah Nieters, VP IT, CIO Americas, Medtronic received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $2 billion in annual revenue and multi-national operations.
- Brian Tilzer, Chief Digital, Analytics & Technology Officer, Best Buy received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $10 billion in annual revenue.
- Mary Lynne Perrushek, CIO, Mortenson received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion in annual revenue.
- Michelle Roemer, SVP, IT, Cirrus Aircraft received the Large Corporate ORBIE for organizations over $300 million in annual revenue.
- Paul Johansen, CTO, Edmentum received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $300 million in annual revenue.
- Anjali Gandhi, SVP and CIO, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis received the Nonprofit/Public Sector ORBIE for Nonprofit, Healthcare, and Education organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the leading technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since its inception in 1998, more than 500 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected through an independent peer review process, led by previous ORBIE recipients, based on:
- The effectiveness of leadership and management
- Business value created by technological change
- Industry engagement and community efforts
The Minnesota CIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by Teddy Bekele, Chief Technology Officer, Land O’Lakes, who was interviewed by Rick King, Managing Director, Thomson Reuters Corp (ret). More than 400 guests attended, representing leading organizations in Minnesota and their technology partners.
The 2022 Minnesota CIO ORBIE Awards are made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Concord, Lumen, TriCom, and Google Cloud
- Gold sponsors: Comcast Business, Fortinet, Turnberry
- Silver sponsors: AHEAD, Delphix, FPT Software, FRSecure, Okta, ServiceNow, Tata Consultancy Services, VMWare, Workday, YASH Technologies Inc, Zscaler Inc
- Bronze sponsors: Arctic Wolf, Bahwan CyberTek Inc., Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Evolving Solutions, Infosys, PDS, SentinelOne, SHI International, The Nerdery
- Media partner: Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
- About MinnesotaCIO
MinnesotaCIO is the leading peer leadership network of Minnesota chief information officers. MinnesotaCIO is one of 25 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private business, government, education, health care and nonprofit institutions.
MinnesotaCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure that programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.
Share the article on social media or email: