Greetings and greetings. Here are five tech news updates, insights, chatter, and more to start your day for Thursday, September 15, 2022. Sip up.
What’s in Our Daily Brew?
- Who we serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), system integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym more that caffeinates our stellar. SEO.
- Frequency: Usually every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and gossip to the Executive VP and Editorial Director at [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. M&As: The Citrix-Tibco merger is expected to close on September 30.
2. DXC for Sale?: DXC Technology has hired M&A advisers after the IT consulting firm received “takeover interest,” Bloomberg reported.
3. Global IT Consulting – Quarterly Financial Results: Accenture’s revenue was $15.4 billion in Q4 of fiscal 2022, up 15% from Q4 of fiscal 2021. For the full year, revenue rose 22% to $61.6 billion. However, Accenture said the dollar surge will hurt its fiscal 2023 results, even as robust demand for digital offerings helped IT services top quarterly earnings estimates, it reported. by Reuters.
4. IT Service Management (ITSM) and Workflow Automation Upgrade: ServiceNow Announces Release of Now Platform Tokyo, Featuring Order Management, Schedule Optimization for Field Service Management (FSM)
5. Integration – Microsoft and Ingram Micro Cloud: Microsoft Online Management Extension (MOME) now joins the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace powered by CloudBlue technology. With CloudBlue Commerce, Microsoft partners can both sell and manage services in one location, Ingram said.
6. Partner Programs: Updates include…
7. Partnership – Robotic Process Automation (RPA): CGI launches managed services for UiPath robotic process automation (RPA) customers.
8. Partnership – Enterprise IT Services: Kyndryl and Elastic have expanded their global partnership to provide full-stack observability to customers. Customers can “search, analyze and act on machine data (IT data and business data) stored in hybrid clouds, multi-cloud and edge computing environments,” the companies said. Hmmm… In some ways, it sounds similar to Liongard’s capabilities for MSPs in the SMB sector.
9. Partnership – Apple macOS Security on AWS: JamF and AWS are working together to improve macOS instance security on AWS EC2.
10. Talent – Data Protection: Veeam has hired Qlik, Rackspace and VMware veteran Rick Jackson as chief marketing officer.
11. Google Chromebook Tracking for MSPs: Here are the details from Goliath Technologies.